Projects and Emerging Needs/
Interpretation and Continuity
As The Journey’s collections evolve and grow, our needs increase and diversify. The Interpretation/Continuity Committee, in cooperation with the Board of Directors, has identified these specific projects and emerging needs. We need private and corporate sponsors to underwrite these programs and to match challenge gifts. We are grateful for support at all levels, including donations of equipment and services.
Call our executive director at 394-6923 if you have questions or need more information. To make a gift in fulfillment of an item on the wish list, please make your check to The Journey Museum/Project Title or use your credit card by clicking on Partners/Opportunities for Giving at journeymuseum.org.
Projects in Process:
• Replace aging technology infrastructure including touch screens in our collections: $4000 to establish web and computer-based digital content delivery.
• Replace the limiting “architecture” of our website:
Build virtual museum content from our thousands of photos and preserve digital content of temporary exhibits like Megaflood: the 1972 Awakening or Fencing the West. Our summer exhibit on The Crouch Line will be another “keeper”—unique content that should be incorporated into our permanent on-line collection. This is critical—about $4000 to get the web site “rebuild” done well.
•Planned or Developing Exhibits
• Madison Cabin now located on Journey Campus Preservation and programming: $15,000
• Updating the Story Wall configuration: $3000
• Grace French Story Wall: $2500 Lighting and touch screen installation, signage revision
• Black Hills Region Relief Map for Geology Exhibit: $8000-10,000
•Big Dreams in Our Strategic Plan 2012-2017
• Develop a space utilization plan for new traveling exhibits, possible storage and staging areas for exhibits (2.2): $200,000
• Incorporate a planetarium (domed theater). (2:5)